Dr Thain & Nurse Vicky - Retirement
Dr Alex Thain and Nurse Vicky MacIntyre will retire from service in June this year. (Dr Thain on 6th June and Nurse Vicky at the end of June).
Both clinicians have been with the practice for a considerable time and, whlst we can replace them in their posts, we cannot replace their presence in the team.
We will miss them very much as Cairn turns the page into the next chapter of our story.
Cairn Cycling Project
We are working with our Cycling Champion patient, Mick, on an exciting project around cycling…more to follow later!!!!
We need your help… We are looking for a volunteer patient with competent web design skills to help us set up a website. Be part of our team! If you are interested in helping out, please email Dr Katie on High-UHB.GP56006-Admin@nhs.net
2016 Health and Care Experience Survey: Read the Survey
SMS Reminders....We offer a Text Messaging service to confirm appointments and to remind patients about appointments. You will need to opt-in to use the service. Please see our Text Messaging Page for more information.
Currently, we cannot countersign passport applications. This is because it takes the GPs time away from their primary job of dealing with medical issues. If you need a countersignature then please see the following webpage:
There is a vast range of professions that can countersign your application but they may charge a fee.
- airline pilot
- articled clerk of a limited company
- assurance agent of recognised company
- bank/building society official
- chairman/director of limited company
- commissioner of oaths
- councillor, eg local or county
- civil servant (permanent), but not someone who works for Her Majesty’s Passport Office (HMPO)
- director/manager/personnel officer of a VAT-registered company
- engineer - with professional qualifications
- financial services intermediary, eg a stockbroker or insurance broker
- fire service official
- funeral director
- insurance agent (full time) of a recognised company
- Justice of the Peace
- legal secretary - fellow or associate member of the Institute of Legal Secretaries and PAs
- licensee of public house
- local government officer
- manager/personnel officer of a limited company
- member, associate or fellow of a professional body
- Member of Parliament
- Merchant Navy officer
- minister of a recognised religion - including Christian Science
- nurse - RGN or RMN
- officer of the armed services
- paralegal - certified paralegal, qualified paralegal or associate member of the Institute of Paralegals
- person with honours, eg an OBE or MBE
- photographer - professional
- police officer
- Post Office official
- president/secretary of a recognised organisation
- Salvation Army officer
- social worker
- teacher, lecturer
- trade union officer
- travel agent - qualified
- valuer or auctioneer - fellows and associate members of the incorporated society
- Warrant Officers and Chief Petty Officers
We have a new, multi-lingual Self Check-In screen - please ask the receptionist if you need a demonstration.
PRACTICE CLOSURE EVERY TUESDAY 12.30 - 2.30
Closed on Friday 25th Dec 2015 & Friday 1st Jan 2016
If you have a medical emergency and you need to speak to someone during these times then please contact NHS24 on 111
Please try and order your medication that will be required for over the holidays in advance so that you are not left without any.
PATIENTS BEWARE!! Fake calls from practice
All GP practices have been made aware that some patients in NHS Highland have recieved phone calls from an unkown source claiming to represent their practice and offering to visit them to offer help with their illness. When they arrive they are sales people trying to sell medical aids.
Please be assured that the practice takes your confidentiality very seriously and would never give out details to anyone without your express constent.
These incidents have been reported to NHS Highland Information Governance & Securty department, Trading Standards and the Police.
If you have any doubts about who has called you or you feel you have recieved one of these calls then please get in touch with the practice and we will report the incident for you.
Book Your Appointments Online
The Practice offers patients an online appointment service where you can conveniently browse through the available appointments to find the times that suit you. Please register for this service by completing a form at reception