We have 2 vacancies: A medical receptionist post (Full time) and a salaried GP position (6 Sessions)
Please do not submit a CV – Application forms only
Closing date: 5pm Fri 21st Dec2018 , although may close early if a suitable candidate is found.
We have had several people contact us this morning (21 Dec) to check whether we have received their application or not. To allow for delays in the post at this time of year, we will accept any applications that we receive before 5pm on Friday next week, 28th December.
£8.22/h on appointment, rising to £8.55/h on successful completion of training and probation.(2018 pay scales - Pay review April)
Progression through the pay scales will occur as new skills are learnt/tasks are taken on.
Cairn Medical Practice is a large GP practice, serving 9600 patients and located close to the centre of Inverness. We have a team of 10 Admin staff and now have an opportunity within our team for a self-motivated, enthusiastic person with good IT skills and the ability to communicate with people at any level. The successful candidate will understand confidentiality, have an excellent work ethic, be conscientious about their quality of work and deliver a high standard of customer service, often in an emotionally challenging environment.
Ultimately, the role will be a combination of ‘back office’ tasks, telephone work and face to face contact at the Reception desk. However, initially, work will be concentrated on the Telephones/front desk.
You will work on a rota basis between 08:00– 18:00 Monday – Friday,
occasionally until 19:00 on Tuesdays. Occasional Saturdays may be requested to cover events such as flu clinics. As a guide, in 2018, we opened only 2 Saturday mornings, with a skeleton staff.
Starting salary is £15,853 (FTE), equating to £8.22/h. You will undergo a period of training and, on completion of training and successfully passing a 6 month probationary period, your salary will rise to £16,491, equating to £8.55/h. Further progression is possible within role, up to £21,251FTE as you gain skill and experience and take on more responsibilities.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake vetting through the Disclosure Scotland Scheme.
For a full Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form
(No CVs), or to arrange an informal visit, please contact:
Cairn Medical Practice,
15 Culduthel Road, Inverness IV2 4AG
Telephone 01463 712233, or visit
our website www.cairnmedical.co.uk
(Please note – No CVs, Application forms available from Reception or online at Here:.
Reception Job Application Form
Salaried GP (6 Sessions)
Salaried GP Vacancy
6 sessions a week
Cairn Medical practice, Inverness
We are looking for a GP to join our dedicated, enthusiastic and innovative team.
Cairn Medical Practice is in an urban setting covering some rural areas. We have a patient population of 9,800.
- Our Team: we are six Partners, two Salaried GPs, one Clinical attachment Professor of GP, two ANPs, and one Clinical Pharmacist. Established nursing team consisting of two Practice Nurses, one Treatment room nurse and two HCAs. All supported by our Practice Manager and his enthusiastic staff of 14
- Education: we are passionate about medical education and host GPSTs, Medical students (short attachments and also Longitudinal clerkship), Broad Based Learning, Targeted GP Training, Nursing students, Pharmacy clerkship, and a Pharmacy Clinician. We run weekly multidisciplinary educational meetings which may include SEA, PBSGL and quality improvement activity.
- The working day: we use Vision clinical software. GPs consult from 15 minute appointments, with OTD demand managed by the Practitioner team and duty doctor. We provide Minor surgery, joint injection, FP procedure clinics as well as the usual CDM services.
- Personal development: we actively encourage our clinicians to pursue their interest and specialism for the benefit of our patient care.
- Community wellbeing promotion: we are active in promoting cycling in the local area (with a team of volunteers providing assisted cycles for the elderly), and are the first Inverness practice to link with local parkrun.
The successful candidate will benefit from inclusion in our close-knit, supportive and encouraging team. They will need to be team-orientated, committed to continual improvement, have effective communication skills (and have a sense of humour!).
Informal chat or visit welcomed
Cairn Medical Practice,
15 Culduthel Road,
Telephone 01463 712233
Practice website www.cairnmedical.co.uk
Closing date 25 Jan 2019